90 Things I Want to Teach My Daughter
- Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
- The benefit of the doubt is sometimes the best gift we can give our friends.
- There will always be mean girls – that doesn’t mean we find a tower and Rapunzel ourselves away from the world.
- Your daddy has loved you better and longer than any boy ever will.
- Your brothers will teach you how boys should treat you.
- You’re always welcome in my wardrobe.
- The world needs your point of view.
- Food is a joy.
- Your body is strong and capable of more than you can imagine right now.
Ice cream is a love language.
- Cook, decorate, clean, organize because you love to, not because someone tells you you’re meant to.
- Music makes everything better.
- Dance – especially when you’re doing the laundry.
- You’ll never be too old for me to rock you.
- Nothing you tell me will ever make me want to stop hearing from you.
- We need your story.
- No prayer request is ever too small, too silly or too embarrassing to share.
- Washing your face every night is the best kind of beauty routine.
- Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge is the best in the world.
- A good movie can change how you understand someone else.
- Words can build bridges between people.
- Home is not where we live but who we love.
- Your name holds a special meaning for us.
- Inevitably I will splinter your heart. But we will tweeze it out together.
- You taught me how to feel beautiful.
Staying up late to read a good book is never time wasted.
- Good girls aren’t boring.
- A great mascara is always worth the investment.
- The “mommy wars” are a myth; we’re all in this together.
- The best way never to worry about anyone gossiping about you is never to gossip about anybody.
- Saying sorry first is a sign of strength not a weakness.
- I’m on your side; especially on the days when it doesn’t feel like it.
- Your body is not just yours. It’s a gift for your husband. I promise it’s worth waiting to unwrap together.
- Sex for the first time will require a beautiful sense of humor and a partner who’s in it for life.
The movies lie. Passion isn’t a contorted exercise on a marble staircase, it’s doing the dishes together and lying with your feet touching in bed at the end of a long day.
- Marriage is an act of courage, commitment and sacrifice. It’s also the most fun you’ll ever have with your best friend.
- Always fight fair. But don’t be afraid to fight.
- Long hair requires a really good conditioner.
- God says He has made all things beautiful – that includes you, my love – no matter how you feel about your body
- Fashion is not my forte; I look forward to learning from you.
- I love the curves you added to my body.
- A good cry is great therapy.
- Christian women aren’t immune from cliques. Love on regardless.
- Bad hair days are inevitable.
A strong man is never threatened by a strong woman.
- Go big even if it means failing big. Especially then.
- Be the friend you wish you had.
- You can’t control what others think about you. Let it go.
- A first kiss should be toasted, treasured, savored.
- I will be your best friend. But I will be your mother more.
- Your dad will teach you about music. He has the best eclectic taste.
- Stop for sunsets.
- Daughters teach us about our mothers. You gave me back my mom.
- Jesus loves you for you. Not for your ability to bear children.
- Husbands need a wife. Not another mom.
- It’s true what they say about childbirth and then some.
- Love waits.
- Patience is never wasted.
- Don’t just Instagram your life. Live it.
- Dad will be the one helping you with math homework.
- Don’t be afraid of a broken heart.
The only thing holding you back from making a difference in the world will be yourself.
Girlfriends are the best kind of free therapy there is.
- Don’t be afraid to be foolish.
- Real life is always better than online.
- A good friend loves at all times. Period.
- Eating too much nerds candy will be something your teeth make you regret in your thirties.
- I’m more interested in your growth than your happiness.
- I will earthquake wide open when you hurt.
If it makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it, wear it or say it.
- Challenge yourself.
- Learn at least one other language.
- Cross-cultural marriage is much harder than you can ever imagine when you first fall in love.
- Homesickness never gets easier.
- We need each other.
- Bad haircuts grow out eventually.
- You will love again.
The painful truth is always easier than a messy lie.
- Jesus loves you, this I know. In my heart, my bones, my soul.
- There’s no such thing as perfect.
- You can always come home.
- Nothing will make me love you less.
- Nothing will make me love you more.
- The mirror is not the boss of you.
- You’re the most brave when you’re the most scared and keep going anyway.
- Womanhood is a gift.
- I’m never tired of being your mother.
- You will always be my baby girl.